Join Give Back Beyond Cincinnati as we travel to Cuba to work with the Bight Light Volunteers. This trip is scheduled for October 1 - 7 2017 with an approximate cost of $1500 plus flight and VISA. During the trip, we’ll be working on educational and conservation projects that will improve the lives of the community. The team will be spending 4-5 days doing volunteer work and then spend the evenings relaxing, socializing and immersing ourselves in local culture. The cost of this trip will include*:
- Transportation once in Cuba
- Accommodations (hostel or home stay)
- Some activities
- Bright Light Volunteers donation
*Details are subject to change
A deposit of $375 is due by June 31st and is non-refundable. Checks should be made to Give Back Cincinnati with "Cuba Deposit" in the note line. If you are unable to make this date and do not make alternative plans with the trip lead, you will be dropped from the trip.
By signing up, you are committing to your ability to fund the full amount of the trip and have time off work (as needed). Also, that you will be available to help volunteer for group fundraising opportunities.
As GBBC is a non-profit/volunteer ran organization, we encourage everyone to participate in the trip planning and preparation to make it the most successful one to date! By filling out this application, you acknowledge that you are:
- Interested and available on the dates listed above
- Able to pay the cost of the trip
- Physically able to handle hard labor and work every day
- Willing and able to take on an active role in planning and fundraising for the trip
- Participate in group fundraising
- Be FLEXIBLE! Details could change as we gather additional information or as the needs of the partnering organization changes
- ……And have a great time on one of the most enjoyable weeks you will experience this year!
We can take about 20-25 participants. A waiting list will be available, if needed.