For Trip Participants
Guidelines on Application for Visa
ALL VISA APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO SUBMIT THIER APPLICATIONS AND PASSPORTS FOR VISAS atleast ONE MONTH PRIOR TO THE INTENDED DATE OF DEPARTURE.
- Types of Visas issued by the Embassy are:
- A – Diplomatic
- B – Official
- C – Business
- D – Tourist
- E – Student
- F – Other
- An applicant shall complete a visa application form in quadruplicate (4 copies) and attach four (4) passport size photographs which were taken not more than three (3) months from the date of submitting the application.
- An applicant should possess a return air ticket, which should be submitted upon request, especially in the case of an application for tourist visa.
- An application for an official, business and student visa shall be submitted together with a letter of invitation from the principals in Ghana and or in U.S.A.
- An application for a visa shall take not less than two (2) business days and not more than five (5) business days to process.
- not applicable
- When an application for a visa is turned down, the visa-issuing officer is not obliged to offer any explanation. An applicant may however re-apply for a review.NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE THEIR PASSPORTS AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATIONS, AS ALL VISAS, IF ISSUED, ARE INSERTED INTO THE PASSPORTS.
- Visa Fees
Money order, Cashier’s check or Certified bank check made payable to the Embassy of Ghana.
Note: Personal and company checks are not accepted.
Cash payments: Please do not mail cash.
Single Entry Visa(valid for 3 months from date of issue) $50.00
Multiple Entry Visa $80.00
At the request of an applicant, an additional $30.00 shall be paid for an expedited/emergency service within 48 hours.
NOTE: If mailed a visa might take longer than twenty-four (24) hours to reach the applicant.
- Visa application fees are non-refundable.
- ln accordance with INTERNATIONAL SANITARY REGULATIONS all persons entering Ghana are requested to have a valid certificate of immunization against yellow fever.
Do not submit your certificate together with visa application form. Keep it and present it at the port of entry in Ghana.
- Submit the following documents:
- These guidelines are subject to change as may be directed by the competent authorities in Ghana.
For further information please call: (202) 686-4520 ext. 208 or e-mail: email@example.com
Ghana Visa Application: