Guidelines on Application for Visa
ALL VISA APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO SUBMIT THIER APPLICATIONS AND PASSPORTS FOR VISAS atleast ONE MONTH PRIOR TO THE INTENDED DATE OF DEPARTURE.
- Types of Visas issued by the Embassy are:
- A – Diplomatic
- B – Official
- C – Business
- D – Tourist
- E – Student
- F – Other
- An applicant shall complete a visa application form in quadruplicate (4 copies) and attach four (4) passport size photographs which were taken not more than three (3) months from the date of submitting the application.
- An applicant should possess a return air ticket, which should be submitted upon request, especially in the case of an application for tourist visa.
- An application for an official, business and student visa shall be submitted together with a letter of invitation from the principals in Ghana and or in U.S.A.
- An application for a visa shall take not less than two (2) business days and not more than five (5) business days to process.
- not applicable
- When an application for a visa is turned down, the visa-issuing officer is not obliged to offer any explanation. An applicant may however re-apply for a review.NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE THEIR PASSPORTS AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATIONS, AS ALL VISAS, IF ISSUED, ARE INSERTED INTO THE PASSPORTS.
- Visa Fees
Money order, Cashier’s check or Certified bank check made payable to the Embassy of Ghana.
Note: Personal and company checks are not accepted.
Cash payments: Please do not mail cash.
Single Entry Visa(valid for 3 months from date of issue) $50.00
Multiple Entry Visa $80.00
At the request of an applicant, an additional $30.00 shall be paid for an expedited/emergency service within 48 hours.
NOTE: If mailed a visa might take longer than twenty-four (24) hours to reach the applicant.
- Visa application fees are non-refundable.
- ln accordance with INTERNATIONAL SANITARY REGULATIONS all persons entering Ghana are requested to have a valid certificate of immunization against yellow fever.
Do not submit your certificate together with visa application form. Keep it and present it at the port of entry in Ghana.
- Submit the following documents:
- These guidelines are subject to change as may be directed by the competent authorities in Ghana.
For further information please call: (202) 686-4520 ext. 208 or e-mail: email@example.com
Ghana Visa Application: